Almost 67 million homes in the US include domestic pets. Taking into consideration that numerous homes own household pets, you can imagine how many households have to deal with mishaps that take place. Pet spots are the primary type of stain in the carpeting of most homes.
The tips in this article were created by OxiGreen Carpet Cleaning in Bensalem, PA to help you can avoid making a regrettable error that could have been prevented when trying to eliminate stained areas in your carpet. If you would like to try a DIY method, here’s what we suggest.
• Expediency is critical. A quick reaction can save you additional work. When you act promptly, your chances of having the capacity to eliminate the spot improve by 75%. Act fast!
• As high temperature sets most stains, take caution not to ever use an iron or use hot-air to dry the impacted area until you're sure that the stained areas is entirely gone. Actually, it is best to let the affected area air dry naturally if possible.
• Before you start to do anything whatsoever, be certain that you remove fluid spots by blotting or solid stains by scraping them away from the carpet.
• If the wet spill is big and you have got access to a wet/dry vac, use that.
• Whatever you do, be certain that you do not end up spreading the stain.
• Before using chemicals to remove spots, test an area that is undetectable such as a closet before attempting it on the spot. This extra measure of extreme caution should help to make sure you don't end up destroying the carpet fiber or discoloring the carpet in an area that will be easily seen. Because it's hidden, you can test an additional stain removal solution until you find what will work.
• Anytime you use the stain removal treatment, move starting from the outward borders of the spot towards the center. A word of caution: blot the moisture out of your carpet, taking care that you never scrub your carpet fibers using a stiff-bristled scrubbing type brush. The brush will likely cause damage to the carpet.
• When using solutions to clean up the spot, you need to rinse the spot completely with water. Once that is done, you'll want to dry the area as much as you possibly can. It doesn't matter if you'll be getting rid of spots on carpet or furniture, press a thick pad or layer of towels down with some type of heavy item. The longer you keep this in place the more moisture content you'll be able to remove from the carpet.
• When you are finished and the pile of the carpet is dry, fluff the carpet fibers.
Some stains can be removed with the above DIY suggestions, but whenever you are looking for qualified professional assistance, simply call OxiGreen Carpet Cleaning in Bensalem, PA for help. OxiGreen has only trained technicians with years of experience working with the most challenging stains you can imagine. Our numerous years of practical experience make us competent to safely and effectively get out almost any stain.
Call OxiGreen in Bensalem, PA today at 215-269-3331 for expert assistance with your carpet spots and all round carpet cleaning. You may also visit our website at http://oxigreencarpetcleaningpa.com to learn more about our company and our great carpet cleaning specials.
OxiGreen is prepared to meet your needs exactly, so contact us today!