It is estimated that 67 million homes inside the US own family pets. With that many homes having household pets, it's actually not surprising to find out that many these homes consider their pets as members of the family. Taking into consideration that a great number of households have family pets, many households deal with the pet-related accidents that occur.
The tricks in this article were written by OxiGreen Carpet Cleaning in Morrisville, PA so that you can avoid creating an unfortunate mistake that could have been prevented when trying to eliminate stains on your carpet:
• Expediency is the name of the game. A quick reaction will be able to save you extra work. Acting quickly will improve your likelihood of getting the stain out by 75%.
• Since heat can set a stain, make sure the spot is totally removed prior to making use of an iron or hair dryer to dry it out.
• Before you do anything, you'll want to remove liquid blemishes by blotting or solid stains by scraping them off of the carpet.
• On larger fluid stains, use a wet/dry vac if you have one accessible.
• Whatever you decide to do, be sure that you do not do something which could wind up spreading the stain.
• If you choose to make use of a chemical stain remover, remember to check it out in a hidden area. This should ensure that if there's any discoloring or damages to the carpet fibers, you can easily hide the mistake and try another spot-removal option.
• Putting on the spot removal chemicals ought to be done by working starting from the outside in. Warning, never scrub or scour your carpeting using a stiff bristled brush, also do not grind your towel into the spot either. Blot gently using pressure on the area where the stain was.
• If you do use a chemical type spot remover, you'll want to thoroughly rinse the spot with filtered water. Then be sure to dry the area as much as possible. When you're removing spots on carpet or furniture, weigh a heavy pad or layer of bath towels down with heavy books or some other type of heavy item. Leave it in place through the night. This helps to absorb any remaining wetness.
• As a way to fluff the fibers, brush the nap.
Although some stains could be removed with this Do It Yourself technique, from time to time the spot is beyond your ability to get out. We here at OxiGreen in Morrisville, PA assure you that we have got years of experience, the right equipment, as well as the trained technicians to remove the vast majority of pet-related carpet stains.
Call OxiGreen in Morrisville, PA today at 215-269-3331 for professional assistance with your carpet stains and general carpet cleaning. Or visit us on the web at http://oxigreencarpetcleaningpa.com. You can depend on us to get the job completed!