Current data indicates that there are in excess of 65 million households in the United States that have pets. You can bet that with this many household pets, pet stains and odors in carpeting are a common problem.
At OxiGreen Carpet Cleaning in Warminster, PA, we have learned a whole lot over the years about removing pet odors, pet stains, and other stains from your carpeting. Hopefully the tips and tricks in this article will help you avoid inadvertently making a mistake if you try to remove stained areas on your carpet.
• Whenever attempting to remove a spot in your carpet, it's best to take action just as soon as possible while the spot is new. Acting quickly will increase your probability of getting the stain out by about 75%.
• Since heat can set a stain, make sure the stain is completely removed if you decide to use an iron or hair dryer to dry it out, although these methods are not highly recommended.
• Your first step should be to remove as much of the spot as possible by blotting up liquid accidents or scraping solid spots like mud.
• On larger liquid blemishes, use a wet/dry vac if you have one accessible.
• We cannot stress this enough: make sure that you be very careful not to do something that could spread out the spot and make the problem worse!
• When using chemicals to remove spots, test an area that is undetectable, such as a closet, prior to trying it on the stain. This will ensure that if there is any discoloring or damages to the carpet fibers, you're able to hide the mistake and try yet another spot-removal solution.
• Putting on the spot removing chemicals should be performed by working starting from the outer edge in.
Warning: blot the moisture out of your carpet, and please see to it that that you never scrub the carpeting with a stiff or hard-bristled brush. The brush will damage the carpet fiber.
• Whenever applying chemicals to clean up the spot, be sure to rinse the area thoroughly with water. Once that is done, remember to dry the region as much as you possibly can. When you are getting rid of spots on carpeting or upholstery, weigh a heavy pad or layer of bath towels down with barbell weights or some other heavy item. Leave the whole thing in place all night. This helps to soak up any leftover moisture.
• In order to really give more volume to the fibers, lightly brush the pile.
Some stains can be removed with a DIY technique but, honestly, some DIY techniques can sometimes make the spot worse. If you don’t want to take any chances with your carpeting and desire qualified professional help, simply call OxiGreen in Warminster, PA for help. OxiGreen has extensive experience working with the worst spots and stains you can imagine. We have seen it all. Our years of expertise make us well-qualified to safely and effectively get out nearly every spot we encounter.
For fast spot treatment call OxiGreen in Southampton, PA at 215-269-3331 today! We can help you with all your carpet and upholstery spots as well as your other carpet cleaning requirements.
With our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, we are confident that we're going to do a great stain removal and carpet cleaning job for you!