Current research suggests that there are over 65 million homes inside of the US with family pets. With so many homes owning pets, it isn't surprising to discover a big number these homes regard their household pets as family members. Considering that numerous households own pets, mishaps will take place.
Hopefully the tips and tricks in this blog post can help you avoid inadvertently making a mistake when trying to remove spots in your carpet:
- When attempting to eliminate a spot in your carpet, it's best to react immediately while the spot is new. When you act promptly, your probability of having the capacity to eliminate the stain improve by 75%.
- Since heat sets many stains, use caution to never use an iron or use hot air to dry the affected area until you're certain that the spot is totally gone.
- The first thing needs to be to eliminate as much of the stained areas as you can by blotting up liquid accidents or scraping solid blemishes like mud.
- On larger fluid blemishes, use a wet/dry vac When you have one available to you.
- I can't emphasize this enough, you must be extra careful to not do anything may possibly spread the stain.
- Chemical based spot removers are generally chosen but I need to advise you ... test it first in a concealed spot like a closet. This should make sure that if there's any discoloration or damage to the carpet fibers, it is possible to conceal the blunder and try yet another spot-removal alternative.
- When you finally use the stain removing treatment, work starting from the outward borders of the spot toward the middle.
Warning: blot the moisture out of your carpet, make sure that you do not scrub or scour your carpeting's fiber with a stiff bristled brush. The brush will likely ruin your carpeting's fiber.
- If you do use a chemical-based spot remover, you'll want to completely rinse the area with filtered water. Then be certain to dry the spot as much as possible. When you're removing spots on carpet or upholstery, press a thick pad or layer of bath towels down with barbell weights or any other heavy object. It is best to keep this in place during the night to facilitate the drying process.
- Brushing the pile of the carpet will fluff the carpet fibers.
Using a Do It Yourself approach will get out some blemishes but for trickier stains call Oxigreen Carpet Cleaning. Our years of working experience plus our thorough knowledge of how to eliminate carpet blemishes properly means you are able to trust us to get out nearly any spot. There's nothing we have not seen! We've seen it all!
Call Oxigreen Carpet Cleaning in Langhorne PA today at (215) 269-3331 for professional assistance with your carpet stains and all round carpet cleaning.
Count on us to get the job completed right and on time!